Z says I need to confess and atone for my sins :P So here is a comprehensive list of what I bought over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. Bear in mind that many sales started Thanksgiving week and even the week before so this is certainly not over a span of 2 days. I am not crazy.
– Fluffy faux fur house slippers ($16.17)
– Two bathrobes – pink chamois S/M for myself and navy blue waffle weave M with white piping and monogram for his christmas present ($146.31). We were intending to purchase a pine cone hill bathrobe in stormy grey (which would have set us back about $70+ after discounts) so this is alright. Will return the pink if it does not fit or look nice since it is unmonogrammed.
Too many to list. Off the top of my head,
– Copper foil 8″ x 10″ frameables. Figured these would make good birthday/housewarming gifts after putting them in a nice wood frame from Target. And there are like 40 of them in the pack!
– A peacock blue and a blue-green gold foil notebook
– Sticky notes ($2.79)
– White 12″ x 12″ paper ($2.99)
– 12″ x 6″ speedball carving rubber ($7.20 after 60% off for Michaels Rewards members!) for making more stamps.
– A stack of 8.5″ x 11″ pastel hued paper for $2.
– A stack of christmassy blue, white, and copper washi tape for $7.49
– Buckles for Z’s kayak
Most of these were 50% off
– L’Arlesienne Voyage set – Eau de toilette, hand cream, lip balm – 40% off the OP.
10% for new email signups (so no BF deals per se), and a free set of 12 sample body lotions with every $25 purchase. Also, free shipping with $25 purchase. I then got a 10% discount coupon with the sample pack, which I am unlikely to use.
– Mirabelle plum lip gloss and lip scrub set
– Rosewood Citron handwash
– And of course 15 free samples :P
– Free shipping for orders $35+ haha. I am a god at gaming this free shipping thing). Got $5.50 off with a 10% discount code and redeemed memepoints for $13 for a total discount of $18.50!
– I missed the Black Friday deals because I wasn’t really camping out there. Not that interested in their Vault boxes which are freaking expensive. I am a rather half-hearted make up user and am the sort to buy novelty things and practical things rather than adventurously trying out anything.
– April Skin Magic Stone face soap ($6). This is what we’ve been using for the last half a yr and Z really likes it, so I got two.
– Lemon sparkling peeling gel ($5) – just tried it, it works amazingly!! The dead skin comes right off
– Babyface pore powder ($5)
– I’m matte lip crayon in Joy ($9)
– Snowflake whipping cleanser with free marshmallow whip maker ($11)
– Etude House Bubble Tea sleeping pack ($13)
Book Depository ($96.42):
– They gave me a 10% discount off all stock, not sure what for. So I went on a book buying spree!
– The Ladybird book of Mindfulness
– How it Works: The Husband
– The Ladybird book of the Hipster
– How it Works: The Mum
– How it Works: The Cat
– Sushi: Jiro Gastronomy – Got this for $7.14! Most proud of this purchase. It still retails for $14.99 on Amazon
– Fire and Ice: Classic Nordic Cooking ($24.22)
– Letters of Note: Correspondence Deserving of a Wider Audience (15.63)
– Five go Gluten-Free
– Five on Brexit Island
– Five go Parenting
I rather think that’s an insane number of books for <$100!
Barnes & Noble ($32.10):
– Hide and Seek at 30% off the OP
– Used their holiday book $10 off $25 for books on Kenji’s The Food Lab. So it was $17.47 (I hate Washington state tax) for what retails for like SGD 85 in Kinokuniya D:
University Book Store ($87.64):
25% off everything (that I buy.. they had exceptions on textbooks and calculators lol)
– Hello Kitty Moleskine for Charlotte’s next birthday ($14.96)
– Mission Fig Mistral bar soap ($7.56)
– A nice little rose papered briefcase that now contains all my rolls of washi tape ($7.46)
– Two cloth bound, hard cover breton striped notebooks at $4.50 each
– Two greeting cards
– Pusheen in christmas holly (already given to JE)
– Book of nonsense ($11.21)
– Teresa Collins fierce ink pad ($12.71)
City People’s Mercantile ($71.66):
– 20% off everything because of Small Business Saturday!
– Heather cloth bound notebook with copper foil and elastic band. Going to use this for our winter break travel journal! ($9.99)
– Roger la borde blue patterned notebook with blue edging ($10.99)
– Bicycle pattern lunch bag
– Green patterned salad plate with blue lining ($5.99)
– Cloud spotting notebook (Z’s second christmas present)
– Holiday back scratcher with cute icicle pattern ($4.99)
– Party cups with gold foil fir design
– 2 wedding cards (no upcoming weddings in particular, but good to have for a rainy day.)
– Christmas gift tags in red and green watercolor ($2.50)
– Two 8×8 photobooks with 45 pages each. See the mock up here.
– Additional 25 pages each, added a matte cover at $5 each.
– Total: $57.79. Which is a steal!
– Had a free 8″x8″ photobook from Discover, and there was a 50% off any order over $99, which includes discounts on additional pages, matte covers, and story telling elements.
– A free 8.5″ x 11″ wall calendar. Had to pay shipping at $7.99
– 10 free christmas 5″x7″ copper foiled christmas cards, had to pay shipping. Realized I could have combined this with the photobooks and not have to pay a single cent for them. Lame.
– Also ordered a 5″x7″ print from them of Chris and me that I was gonna put up in my house but realized she might like it haha. So I’m probably gonna give it to her.
– The last three items were $18.20 because I stupidly did not combine the free holiday cards with the photobooks.
– Two 8oz canisters of their lavender sage tea for $72. Each canister typically retails for $45? Why is their tea so expensive T-T
– One for Chris and one for me :D
– Their December Must Have box ($34.95). Only got this because their spoilers showed a reallllly nice Odeme catchall and ring dish which retails for $67!
– A cosmetics/fashion “mystery box” which actually just means “leftovers” box where they try to clear previous stock from Must Have boxes that didn’t sell. Still, the value was pretty good at $29.95 for what would otherwise cost $250.
– 15% off purchases of $49+ so I actually managed to make my cart out to $49.06. Lol.
– Polka dot navy blue weekender
– Black pajamas with baby pink piping
– White plaid scarf in preparation for our trip to Ithaca
– Eos shimmery lip balm
– Mini christmas tree ($14.99)
– 2017 calendar in copper foil on a clipboard ($3)
– Menu easel for EK
– Gold foil hello notecards ($3)
– They had a 20% off flash sale and their shipping is so expensive T-T so I rushed down to the Uvillage one right before dinner with ZH lol.
– Mini vacuum – world’s tiniest vacuum ($11.96)! Was thinking of getting it for GGY’s birthday or something :P Maybe next year.
– A grey leather bookmark with gold foil and embossing ($7.16)
– Pink watercolor notebook with gold foil edging ($10.36)
– A fairy light lamp for the dining table ($11.96)
– An ecru leather notebook with bee in gold foil ($10.36)
– Botanicals rifle paper Co. writing paper ($11.96)
– Macaron rose lip balm ($6)
– The Matcha hand cream ($8), large enough to last the entire trip, small enough volume to go on a plane. And in such a nice paint tube!
The packaging was just so minimal I couldn’t help myself!
– Two classic letter sets in blush and cream:
– Library of flowers travel kit in Linden
– 8″x10″ spring watercolor print
Total damage: $795.01
No shopping for me for awhile! Also I am going to cook quite a bit to make up for all of this lol. This is like 16 meals at Din Tai Fung.