It’s tiffy’s birthday today – happy birthday tiffy!
i played two chimes concerts too, because KH couldn’t make it in the morning. Guess what – they have the siege of madrigal as a proposed piece! i’m definitely going to try it someday as a tribute to derrick. the handel-halvorsen today was a bit of a screwup, since i took one of the repeats that she didn’t. thank goodness it’s a passacaglia, so the ground bass/chord progression is basically the same throughout the entire piece and it didn’t sound too bad, i thought, just that our hands clashed because we were playing different sections. we caught each other at the andante though, and in general the duet was okay.
she asked me why i wore my ring on my third finger. well the middle finger is reserved for the rings of dumped exes. they may be annoying, but their rings are still pretty. :) in a sense i suppose the rings are demoted from the ring finger to the third finger. i actually prefer necklaces from my beaux. you can wear them all the time with no insinuations, but if you get rings you have to choose the right finger. still, i’d prefer rings to teddy bears, which are singularly useless and do not even serve any cosmetic purposes. the last time i requested a bear from hallmark the guy got the wrong one and it’s still sitting in my room, nameless, loveless, but quite huggable. so the order would be teddy bears < rings < necklaces. one of my earliest beaux gave me a porcelain rose necklace from taiwan(?) when i was all of thirteen – it was so pretty.
after taking down my posters, i’ve been checking out the demotivators on despair.com and picking new posters for next yr. i’m considering the following:
– Blogging: Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.
– Consulting: If you’re not a part of the solution, there’s good money to be made in prolonging the problem.
– Defeat: For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you’re one of them.
– Destiny: You were meant for me. Perhaps as a punishment.
– Discovery: A company that will go to the ends of the earth for itsPL people will find it can hire them for about 10% the cost of Americans.
– Futility: You’ll always miss 100% of the shots you don’t take, and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.
– Idiocy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
– Innovation: It can make your job easier, it can probably make it irrelevant.
– Mediocrity: It takes a lot less time, and most people won’t notice the difference until it is too late.
– Motivation: If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have an easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.
– Nepotism: We promote family values here – almost as often as we promote family members.
– Planning: Much work remains to be done before we can announce our failure to make any progress.
– Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time- but laziness always pays off now.
– Propaganda: What lies behind us and before us are small matters compared to what lies right to our faces.
– Worth: Just because you’re necessary doesn’t mean you’re important.
This yr’s posters were
– Indifference: It takes 43 muscles to frown and 7 to smile, but it doesn’t take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.
– Tradition: Just because you’ve always done it that way doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly stupid.
– Government: If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions.
What do you think?